Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wouldn't it be wonderful...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had a solution to the problems of this world?

If we could take every little orphan home with us and comfort all the hearts of the broken. The fact that I can't do that really bothers me sometimes.
That's when I realize that God has a plan, and He really cares for His people. He will never leave us or forsake no, matter how hard that is to grasp.

The fast-paced society we live in often makes in hard for us to focus on Him and give Him the attention He deserves. We are often too "busy" to spend time with Him. But as my pastor said this past Sunday, what is busy? Do we really know what it is? Or is it just an excuse to put important things off for less important things?

We should never be too busy for God or the ones who need us the most. There are so many hurting people in this world. So while we rush through the unnecessary parts of life: smile a little bigger, hug a little tighter, read your Bible a chapter longer, always tell those who mean something to you that you love them. Never be afraid to let your guard down and just cry, but then pull yourself back together and know you'll be okay. No matter what the circumstance or situation, we all have something to live for. For me, He is my refuge. My strength when I'm weak. My shelter from life's storms. My Savior.

It's time for me to slow down, live, and make memories. Because what is life if I'm only watching it pass me by?

No comments: