Sunday, January 23, 2011

Why Guyana? Part 2

So I got the yes from Dad, but I still needed the money and to overcome a few fears. I prayed and prayed that God would provide the money and upon sending out support letters, I had enough money to go in a little over a week. I was thrilled!!

The next problem... I was terrified of planes. I didn't even like going into airports. I knew, however, that if Guyana was where God wanted me, I would just need to face that fear. My boyfriend and his family picked me up the day of, and we drove two hours to the airport. The whole time I was praying that I would be able to get on the plane and not be scared. When we got into the airport, I was fine. We went through security and even as we were waiting to board, I was okay. I assumed that once we actually got on the plane, I would freak. Thanks to God and Miles, I was perfectly calm. I actually really enjoyed flying! God is so incredible : )

After finally getting to Guyana, I was ready for the adventure. Surprisingly, I didn't get car sick like I usually do on the bumpy car ride to the place we were staying. The boat ride down the Amazon didn't scare me like I thought it would. I was able to eat more meat than I usually do without getting sick! God calmed all of my fears and anxieties so that I could truly enjoy my time there. Fortunately, my parents were willing to let me go again so spring break while my friends are on their senior trip, I'll be seeing my Guyana loves again!! I can't wait!

No comments: