Sunday, March 16, 2014

Home

Hello everyone, for one last time!!

We are home now. Today was a very LONG day of traveling, but we were able to make all of our flights and get to spend some time with Bill and Diana Upchurch in Miami. We were thrilled to be able to see them one last time. 

As I lay in my nice soft bed, can now drink water and brush my teeth straight out of the sink, have reliable air conditioning, and so much more, my mind can't help but wander back to that quaint little hotel room I just left this morning, the orphanages, the street men and women, the animals... everything that we saw there. I miss it so much already; I would go back right now in a heartbeat. While all of the luxuries I have here are so nice, they are easily tradeable for something that gives my life so much more meaning. I was, once again, forever changed this week by absolutely everything that I experienced and viewed. Asking God to break my heart for what broke His proved to be more powerful than ever before in my 5 years of going to Guyana. He has shown me what hurts Him, and if it hurts the Creator, it should certainly hurt me. The monstrosity of the poverty, pain, hurt, etc. seems to be so great in Guyana, but I know my God is greater, and He has each and every single one of those precious children in His hands tonight. I can rest in that, and know that God-willing, I will return next year for such an incredible experience again. 

Thank you, to each and every one of you, for praying for us throughout this journey from take-off Saturday to landing today. You have blessed our team more than you can ever imagine, and for that I am truly grateful. I will leave you with a picture, taken by Miles, that I think truly sums up Guyana as a whole and our trip.

Until next time!

Lauren

"Beauty for brokenness, hope for despair..."



No comments: