Friday, March 2, 2012

El Salvador

In less than 24 hours, I will be on my way to El Salvador with a group from my college!

To say that I am excited would be an understatement. Thanks to a huge collection of tests and paper, I have hardly had time to pack this week, and I am thankfully just finishing. Only thing left is to clean up the after math... my dorm room : )

The process for this trip has been such a blessing to me in and of itself. Within a month of going to college, I submitted the application to go on an Alternative Service Break trip and was selected. I was then placed onto a team going to El Salvador and partnering with ( GET THIS) the only Christian organization my college was working with for spring break.

I accepted the invitation to travel knowing I had no money to pay for it. Once again, God provided like He always has and always will. Through two big donations coupled with some other donation from friends and family, I almost had all the money to go!! Then... right before the last team meeting, I'm checking my email in English class and read "Our scholarship donor has selected you! The rest of your trip is paid for."

WHAT?! I almost broke down right then and there in English class. God is incredible!! He blows my mind away on a daily basis. Just more confirmation that when you follow Him and go where He wants you to go, great and mighty things happen!!

I am so ready to experience a new culture, new people... and from what I hear, INCREDIBLE food.

I pray that God will break my heart for the things that break His and open up my heart to be attentive to not only the large things He will show me, but the small things that would probably go unnoticed if my heart is not tuned into what He has for me there.

In the chaos and confusion of life the past few weeks, I started to doubt this trip because my body and mind were tired and all of my friends were gearing up for a week of doing nothing. I know now, after all of the confusion has been cleared up, that there is nowhere else I would rather be this week then in El Salvador learning more about a different group of people that God loves. All power and glory be to you God.

Use me to serve Yours!

No comments: