Friday, April 22, 2011

Home

I am finally home after a very long day. We flew from Guyana, stopped in Trinidad for 2 hours, flew to Miami, drove to Ft. Lauderdale, flew to Orlando, flew to Raleigh, and then finally drove back home. It was quite the adventure! I must say, however, that all of the traveling was well worth being home.

I miss Guyana so much.
I miss the little children.
I miss Reshma and Naresh.
I miss the selfless love they all give, regardless of their circumstances.
I miss hugs from the little ones every single day.
I miss the Guyanese food.
I miss part of the team who we left behind-- Tessa, Peter, Josh, Andy

Tonight, I'm thankful that I can use the sink water to brush my teeth.
I'm thankful for my family and my best friends who were anxiously awaiting my return.
I'm thankful for the memories I made.
I'm thankful that those stories will be told to people who might join me on my dream to continually change the Guyanese people's lives.
I'm thankful for American food.

Painting security fencing to keep thieves from entering the orphanage 
I may have been a little tired...
Guyana, once again, was a trip of a lifetime. The children blessed me and helped me more than I could have ever helped them. God is so good, so so good. He revealed himself to me over and over again on this trip; I left Guyana comforted by the fact that He is in control and that He will keep the beautiful children and homeless men and women safe. He has a plan-- a good and perfect plan. I have many more stories, pictures, and videos to share later after I get back to the American way of life. Thank you for all of your many prayers and much support.

**Update
God moved in a powerful way. We were able to get all of our medical supplies back from customs; everything was like we had packed it, and we got it in time to deliver it to all of the orphanages and the rehab center. Just the fact that we were able to get it back so fast is huge! Praise God!

No comments: