Monday, April 18, 2011

Guyana Day 5

Once again, we enjoyed another wonderful day in Guyana! We had breakfast at the hotel very early and headed out to Hope Home to we our friends there. Seeing Naresh and Reshma again was definitely a highlight of this trip; Naresh still has my name badge from last trip and Reshma still has my letter. She told me she wants to write in my journal again tomorrow which of course she can do! She also asked that next time I come I bring her a Rihanna cd. I think I can do that :) Our project at Hope is painting metal grates that will become part of a barbed wire fence to keep out thieves; that is becoming a problem there. I have many more stories to fill my blog with when I'm state side. We are about to leave to eat dinner at a US ambassador's house whom we met because of the medical crate incident. She is from Mississippi and wanted to eat dinner with some fellow Southerners. We happily accepted! More stories later... I need to focus on enjoying my last few days here! Much love to everyone back home, Lauren

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Hi,

I should probably introduce myself.
My name is Alyssa. I am 17 years old. God has given me a heart for missions and orphans.

When I read your "about me", I found myself thinking: YES! God has planted a deep desire in my heart to do overseas mission work as well.

I am now following you via Google Friend Connect.

~Alyssa
http://mylifewithamission.blogspot.com/.