Monday, November 15, 2010

starting over

I'm starting over. from square one.

it had been well over a year since my last post so i deemed it time to begin again. im half way through my senior year of high school and getting really excited about what God has in store for my college days. He is in control. im letting Him lead me where He wants me to be because I know that He has a wonderful plan for my life.

im anxiously awaiting a return trip to Guyana, South America.
i went this past july and believe i left my heart there. the children there are incredible. they barely have anything yet have such an outlook on life that i could really learn from. they know how to love unconditionally. they look past the petty "failures" we put on ourselves and one another. they have lost both of their parents. a home. a normal way of life. yet they look at each new day with hope. nothing can get worse than what they have been through. i want to learn how to love like that. a love without conditions. when i go back in April, i want to prove to those little orphans that i care, and that i will keep returning for as long as i live. i can't wait to see those smiling faces again... to sit down with as many as can fit in my lap and hear their life stories. because when it comes down to it, they know what it means to live. and to live to the fullest.

4 comments:

Melissa the Dilettante said...

I was just wondering the other day if you still had a blog. I have such a hard time finding time to write on mine.

Anonymous said...

you and your love for Christ never cease to amaze me! I am so proud to be your mom!!

Anonymous said...

:) awesome baby

k1 said...

Welcome back to blog land. I know exactly what you feel about the children in Gayana. It is the same reason I go to the dump in Honduras every year.

God's blessed you with such a good eart.